We use the following cookies:
1. Essential cookies. These cookies are needed for the operation of our website, these include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, make use of subscription or e-billing services.
2. Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Service/functionality cookies. These can help us remember your registration and login details, preferences and to recognise you when you return to our website and personalise content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4. Behavioural/targeting cookies. These cookies are anonymous and cannot identify individuals. They record your visits to our website, the pages you visit, and the links you follow. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- to collect anonymised data on users behaviour on the site. We may also capture what site a user has come from and what site they go to and also some demographic data (e.g. the user’s location) and we may use that data to analyse user behaviour across multiple sites;
- to categorise pools of users (on an anonymised basis) based on demographic and/or behavioural data and use this to, (1) target our advertising to cookie-ed users on third party websites and Universal Music websites, and (2) use that data to allow targeted third party advertising to categorised cookie-ed users either in respect of advertising placement UMG has bought/placed and targeted to users on behalf of third parties or in respect of advertising bought/placed by third parties and targeted to cookie pools UMG has “sold” to these third parties.
Some of our Sites may use Google AdSense to publish advertisements, including information about your demographics and interests. When you view or click on an advertisement a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other websites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, if you want to refuse or delete any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Please note you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our Site, including certain personalised features, if you delete or disable cookies.